I have been working very hard on a stitching project the last few weeks, so I haven't had as much time to read in the evenings as I usually do. I've just discovered audio books, well not really just discovered as I obviously knew about them before, but I just thought of the idea. I don't know why I haven't done this before, but I started listening to books on CD while I stitch. It works out perfect, I still get my "reading" in, but can still work on my projects.This picture is of the audio book section of our little library. We also have access to an extensive audio collection through our regional system. I am really enjoying this!


2 comments:
So do tell -- what are you currently listening to? Do you use headphones or put it on where everyone can hear? I have a friend who drives for her brother in law's automotive company (delivering parts). She discovered books on tape and LOVES them.
Kathy, I'm listening to The Five People you Meet in Heaven.
I usually listen with headphones. If I'm stitching during the day, it helps me to actually hear the story over children and if I'm stitching at night, I'm usually sitting with our son as he goes to sleep and I don't want to disturb him.
I've listened to The #1 Ladies Detective Agency and The Screwtape Letters so far.
I'm really enjoying this.
Post a Comment