Everyday we go through almost a full ring of wood. This keeps our family room and kitchen very comfortably warm. It is hard keeping our old house warm, but this does a great job. I love the feel of the warmth from the woodstove, there is nothing like it when it is so very cold outside. Burning wood is a lot of work and a lot of mess, but I love it.
Friday, January 26, 2007
Day 25 - Ring of Warmth - Thur 1/25
Everyday we go through almost a full ring of wood. This keeps our family room and kitchen very comfortably warm. It is hard keeping our old house warm, but this does a great job. I love the feel of the warmth from the woodstove, there is nothing like it when it is so very cold outside. Burning wood is a lot of work and a lot of mess, but I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Debbie--do the kids help with the wood? Do you rotate the hauling chores? Do you spend a lot of time getting the wood ready in the fall (ie chopping it, etc) or do you buy wood? Dh loves a wood stove and wished we had put one in our other house. So good for keeping the boys busy every day in the winter. HA!
Kathy,
Let's see...sometimes the kids help, but only because they think it is fun. The only one that is really old enough to "do" the job, is our 14 yodd and she does so many other things. Dh usually does most of it, unless he is away and then I do it.
My dad does most of the cutting and splitting. He loves working in the woods. He is retired from his job and keeps real busy cutting wood for us and other family. We have land where he cuts it.
As the boys get older...they are 7 and 3 right now, I'm sure they will help out more.
I LOVE using our stove. I wish we could use it more often. Dh just doesn't have enough time to go out and good wood for us. Every once in awhile we'll start a fire and snuggle in for the night.
Post a Comment