Monday, May 14, 2007

Bluebirds

We have a pair of nesting bluebirds in our yard. I had seen them earlier in the spring, but thought they had left. We checked the boxes this weekend and sure enough one of them at four little blue eggs.

The morning we saw the male and female coming and going from this box. The female is on the top and the male is near the entrance.

I am so thrilled. Bluebirds are making a strong comeback in the northeast thanks to conservation efforts and more people putting up boxes and establishing bluebird trails.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love bluebirds. They are so much nicer than bluejays, who are such grouchy birds!

Kristine said...

Ah, your bluebirds are gorgeous. We don't have them in Colorado (at least not along the Front Range).

Cynthia said...

I'm looking forward to the bird watching portion of zoology next year! There are several things to do wtih bird houses in that book, I think. I'm not looking forward to the bats and bug portions though (LOL).