The kids spotted this Garter Snake yesterday. It took me a few minutes to catch him as he kept striking at me. He got a hold of my sock on one strike!The kids (especially Gabe) love to touch and experience the critters we have in our area. (Well, the Littles like to experience it from more of a distance!) Gabe wanted to let the snake wrap around his hand. He said it felt very strange.


5 comments:
You are definitely braver than I - never in a million years would I have attempted to catch him! I like to admire them at a distance if at all possible - like from the next state!
I can't even imagine... there's NO WAY I would get close enough to let one strike me let alone touch it. I needed a picture of me with hamster for the treasure hunt dd is doing and I took a picture with it INSIDE the cage! No way was I going to touch it!
Ohhhhh . . . I don't care for snakes or bugs . . . I am a wimp when it comes to that kind of stuff! :-)
Ew, Gabe! What are you thinking? Brave soul to get that close to a slithering creature. Do you all have a Reptile Man in your area?
It really doesn't bother me in the least to pick up snakes...now spiders or other crawly type things, I'm not too keen on.
Kathy, not sure what a Reptile Man is, so I guess we don't have one around.
Post a Comment