Friday, May 4, 2007

White Squirrel

We have a family of white squirrels that frequent our road. This guy decided to visit us today. Isn't he so cute? I'm sure he feels much safer in the winter when the snow is on the ground than this time of year. He sure stands out.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

I've never seen a white squirrel! Are they a "real" kind of squirrel, or is it a gene defect that's found in your area?

Unknown said...

I have never seen a white squirrel either!!! That is the coolest thing and I cannot wait until tomorrow morning to show the girls!

Cynthia said...

I've never seen a white one either.

Debbie said...

As far as I know it is just a genetic thing. There are several around our area, some all white, some combination of white and gray. I don't think they are true albinos as their eyes appear to be brown/dark, not pink.