Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Comments on comments

Hi ladies!
Thank you so much for all your kind comments. I really don't feel like much of a photographer, but enjoy it and doing this project has helped me to "see" things that I might not have otherwise noticed.

QB-I just love stitching and our little group is very important to me. It allows me to continue stitching without feeling guilty about the time a spend doing it.

The pond in our yard is not very large...about 3'x5'. I would love to put in a larger one. As far as the leaves...it does get messy in the fall. If I remember, I put a piece of chicken wire over it and that helps a lot. If I don't, I have to do a lot of mucking in the spring. I have an old food colander that I use to bail it out. I enjoy working on the pond and it is just another part of my perennial bed that needs upkeep, but once it is cleaned out, it is very easy to keep.

The weather station is just for fun. I love weather and living in the northeast it is always changing. We might use it if we do a weather unit. I track daily temps and general weather in my journal. I have for years.

We love the woodstove. It is a shared heat source with our oil furnace. It keeps our family room and kitchen very comfortable. My dad does most of the wood gathering for us. He loves working in the woods and cuts the logs in the winter and then works during the spring and summer cutting it up and splitting it for us. I think Brian would still make the time to do it, but this saves us tons of time.

Kristine-A mud room would be a huge help to me and it on the list for maybe next year. We are hoping to add two bedrooms this year. We do all the work ourselves, so our projects tend to take a while.

Kathy-I love all kinds of handwork and I don't tend to get overwhelmed with them like other things. It is very relaxing for me to work with my hands.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to check out my blog.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Debbie,
I think I would like a project like that, too. Something where it's not a waste of time because it's going to be put to good use and something I can do to keep my hands busy so the rest of me can sit still long enough to work with the kids for longer stretches of time.

I sure do miss using our wood stove. I know there is some sort of setting on our central heat unit that would allow us to use our fireplace and it would take the warm air from inside and circulate it through the house. First, we'd have to have some wood and then we'd have to figure out how to find that setting. The last time we tried it the downstairs was SO HOT, but the upstairs was freezing because the central air blower stopped sending air everywhere because the thermostat downstairs said it was too hot... I even think the a/c kicked on (LOL). Anyway.... I'd love to give that a try again sometime.

Thanks for the comments to the comments entry (LOL)!

Cynthia said...

Oh.. and one more comment. Chicken wire is a GREAT idea. That would certainly keep most of the debris out!

Kristine said...

Debbie, I have found that I enjoy taking a lot of scenery shots now that I'm blogging. I am always looking for what might be a good shot. I get a little annoyed when either telephone poles or Walmart signs are in my way, or if I'm driving and can't stop!

I really enjoy your photos, how YOU see things. I wondered about that giant "mushroom" in your yard (the birdbath of course) . . . :)