Sunday, February 18, 2007

Day 49 - Shadows in the Snow - 2/18

I've been looking back at my photos and I guess you could say that I love taking nature pictures. I can always find something wonderful about being outside and experiencing God's creation.

On my walk the other day, the sun was lower in the sky and was making the beautiful shadows as it came through the woods. The stark contrast between the white and dark shadows was wonderful. God speaks to me so loudly through his magnificent natural world. To me, his creation praises him daily with it's beauty.

5 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Debbie--another BEAUTIFUL picture! Truly, I live through your outdoor walks (I don't need to leave my chair, I can feel like I'm taking a brisk walk myself). How often do you walk?

Debbie said...

Kathy, I try and walk most days, but usually only get in 4-5/wk. During the week I take everyone and the dog. It isn't always a very quick walk, but at least we are all getting out and getting some exercise.

Kathy in WA said...

Wow--that's great, Debbie. How long do you usually go? Is it a maintaining weight thing, a losing weight thing or just a being outside in nature thing? Do tell!

I'm working on that last 20 pounds (or so) and it's totally stuck. I need to make exercise a better priority.

Debbie said...

Hi Kathy!

I try and get out 4-5 times a week. Sometimes I make more, sometimes less. We have had a lot of snowy weather the last week, so I haven't gotten out to walk, but we have been out playing! :-)

My main reason for walking right now is to get me outside. Our winters tend to be quite long and often dark and I suffer from the winter blues. The exercise, fresh air and sunshine make a world of difference in how I feel.

It also helps to the kids get out some of the energy and then they are calmer for the rest of the day.

It is a win-win situation for all.

Cynthia said...

I admire you for getting out and walking in the winter. I'm a "fair weather" walker.