Monday, February 5, 2007

Day 35 - Sumac - Sun 2/4

We have quite a bit of Sumac around, by the roadsides and around the fields. Gabe commented today that he thought the Cardinals like it. I wasn't sure, but I think I've heard that too. He thought it was good camouflage for them to sit on the branches and blend in with the red tips. It's pretty anyway and adds nice color to the drabness of this time of year.

4 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

I love the contrast in colors here. Good job capturing the sumac! Way to go, Gabe, at figuring out why the cardinals would like the plant. Clever kid! :)

Debbie said...

Gabe is my science buff...he seems to have lots of info about all sorts of things. Since he is reading on his own now, he picks up even more tidpits of info.

Kristine said...

Love how the red shows up here, such a contrast to the dreary gray I imagine in NNY.

Cynthia said...

I 2nd Kathy and Kristine's comments. LOVE the contrast and colors! GREAT SHOT, Debbie.