Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day 44 - Lichen - 2/13

I have been amazed at how many times I can walk the same route and still see new things along the way. Today I began to notice how many trees had lichen and moss on them. I've read that lichen on trees is the sign of a healthy environment. It is nice to think that the area around our home is healthy for lichen, hopefully this also means people!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Have you done the Apologia Botany book? We read about lichen in the first few chapters last fall. Thanks for sharing the picture. I'm going to show it to the kids in the a.m.

Kathy in WA said...

Do you take the children with you on your walks? Do you try to walk daily? I am really working at getting exercise back into my regular schedule. It's hard! Taking pictures is a great way to make it interesting. :)